As we start the New Year, here’s a great question to ask yourself (and your clients, too):
Why should you commit to investing in content marketing as an integral part of your marketing strategy?
This powerful form of marketing fuels 99% of our own lead and revenue generation, so we know well what content marketing can do for a brand.
This week, we put together an infographic with a few of our favorite reasons to invest in content marketing, featuring (killer) statistics with undoubtable proof that this form of modern marketing is worth every penny you put into it.
Plus, we’ve included 5 principles to help you do your best content marketing this year! Read on for the full story. Infographic written and designed by the team at Express Writers.
Why Content Marketing? 10 Proven Statistics & 5 Ways to Win (Infographic)
6 Stats: You’ll Get More Site Traffic
- Companies that blog receive 97% more backlinks
- 55% more visitors to your page
- 67% more leads for your company
- Companies that blog more than 16 times each month earn 5x as many leads as companies that only blog 4 times!
- 60% of customers say they feel better about a business after reading their original blog posts
- Since 23% of social media message contain content, creating more of it means more shares around the web
4 Stats: You’ll Give Your SEO a Boost
- 72% of marketers worldwide report that content creation is the biggest factor in successful SEO
- The majority of web links go to the top 10% of content on the web
- 50% of marketers say that content has increased the strength of their company’s SEO
- Content with a strong headline can boost page views by 500%. This enhances SEO and helps you rank better.
Bonus: You’ll Stand Out as a Thought Leader
Content helps you become a thought leader in the following ways:
- It showcases your expertise
- Helps you build your voice
- Allows you to dominate your niche
- Give you a platform for sharing and promotion
5 Fast Tips to Dominate Content Marketing in 2017
1. Create long-form content
Readers love long-form content and it generates more shares and links. For best results, publish posts with more than 1,500 words.
2. Produce visual content
Content with images earns 70% more views than content without images. Boost your engagement by adding visuals to your blog posts and producing infographics, memes, videos, and other visual marketing material.
3. Do your research
Relevant, fact-dense, original content performs best. Instead of just scratching the surface, dig deeper to give your readers something they can’t find anywhere else.
4. Share your content on social
In May of 2015, smartphone social media use jumped 51% in users between the ages of 25-34. Share your content on social to get the most possible traction from each piece.
5. Develop a content marketing program
79% of the most successful content marketers have a clear idea of what effective content marketing looks like and how to achieve it. Follow in their footsteps!