Content is here to stay: no doubt about it. But how is content considered successful today, based on search engine ranking potential and real value-add to readers?
The Ultimate State of Content Marketing In 2015
We’ve gathered the top factors of successful content for 2015, based on over 15 top sources (including major content marketing studies) in one comprehensive infographic. Enjoy, and don’t forget to share and comment! (Transcript below the infographic of the content and resource links.)
Like this infographic? Get more tips from Express Writers.
Embed this infographic on your own site
Copy and paste this code into your blog post or web page:
Did You Know? Crucial Content Stats For 2015
- 95% (9 out of 10) B2B marketers in North America use content marketing.
- 60% of marketers use content marketing WEEKLY.
- 41% of marketers confirm content marketing has a positive ROI (Stateofinboundmarketing)
- 82% of prospects find relevant industry content most valuable (Marketo)
- Engagement is the most frequently cited objective for content marketing by US B2B marketers. (Curata)
- Content marketing is now defined as using/creating content that is not promotional but interesting or valuable in itself. (Emarketer)
- Buyers are most likely to share blog posts more than any other content form. Next most likely shared content form: infographics. (DemandGenReport)
- Whitepapers used to be one of the most popular content forms (in 2013); now, 95% of buyers prefer shorter content formats. (DemandGenReport)
- In social media, buyers are more likely to be on LinkedIn & Twitter. (DemandGenReport)
- Length matters: Blogs that are at least 2,500 words on a 10+ year old domain rank the best in Google. (serpIQ) Content at least 3,000 words gets 2x the amount of shares shorter posts do.
Six Key Factors of Content Success In 2015
What makes successful content tick? Let’s take a look.
1. Quality is the number one ranking factor.
Although authority and relevance win the rankings (Redevolution), quality is the number one ranking factor for web content (Neilpatel).
2. Useful content posted consistently will succeed.
The keyword is useful; if your readers gain something from reading, they will share and engage. Correct SEO copywriting is essential for websites.
3. A lot of time will be spent crafting perfect headlines.
Five times as many people read the headline as read the actual body copy. (David Ogilvy) (represent in a statistic?). This means when you write a headline, you spend 80c out of a dollar (also represent in a statistic possibly?)
Headline copy is one of the top 5 MOST impactful elements for lead generation. (MarketingSherpa)
4. Content auditing is the best way to monitor content quality.
Say goodbye to bad content: embarrassing content and outdated links won’t happen again if you maintain content auditing (Copyblogger).
Content auditing tools: a content expert’s human eye, time, SEMRush
5. Content curation is becoming mainstream.
Most marketers are now utilizing content curation as a key component of their content marketing strategy. 56% of marketers say that quality content is their greatest content marketing challenge. Curation is a top solution for this challenge. (Forbes/Curata)
6. Creativity will be in demand as content marketers strive to rise above.
Today, SEO copywriting isn’t finished when the content is well-written or even useful: the content must also excite the reader. The more creative the content, the more the engagement.
Storytelling will be in demand as a top engagement tool to connect audience to content. (BruceClay) Just remember: not everyone is a storyteller. (Wordstream)
Liked this infographic? Buy one, custom-made to your marketing needs, from us in our Content Shop today!
Statistics – Full Reference List
Marketing Sherpa l http://buff.ly/1EO55AY
Neil Patel l http://buff.ly/1yzbM9g
Kapost l http://buff.ly/1OlbN2g
Dev-Edge Internet Marketing l http://buff.ly/1aBTQPx
Copyblogger l http://buff.ly/1cAzSX7
Scoop.it l http://buff.ly/1b2k1zB
Redevolution l http://buff.ly/1J8NJ0X
Emarketer l http://buff.ly/1Hd7VQw
Content Marketing Institute l http://buff.ly/1Hd8qK9
Demand Gen Report l http://buff.ly/1G2a7f0
Forbes l http://buff.ly/1yzB7Qj
State of Inbound 2014 Hubspot l http://buff.ly/1G2aLsP
Curata l http://buff.ly/1Hdj2Jc
serpIQ l http://buff.ly/1b2M9T7
Bruce Clay, INC l http://buff.ly/1b2N6uz
Wordstream l http://buff.ly/1G2DKN7