Are you a newbie Webmaster wondering why SEO copywriting is such a big deal? Let’s start by saying it is a really big deal because almighty Google keeps changing their search algorithm. So what does this exactly mean for you? It simply means that you have to create content that will be appealing to this mother of all search engines.
You should never approach copywriting for SEO as a just a way to get the attention of search engines, it is a very important that you concentrate on writing for people while still employing writing techniques that will make your content easier to find by search engine spiders—pretty genius, huh?
What Exactly is SEO Copywriting?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) copywriting is a technique of creating content for web pages that contain an adequate amount of targeted keywords or key phrases. The keywords should never be overused in the content.
SEO is a process of achieving high ranking for websites in search engines. SEO copywriting also involves optimization for on page content such as including title, Meta description, key phrases, keywords etc. The main aim of SEO is to create content that is completely relevant to the person searching for the content, product or service provided by the website. Sadly, some SEO experts are actually unable to achieve this.
Crafting irrelevant content may have some power to drive a lot of traffic, however, it will not serve the major purpose of Search Engine Optimization. Translation: you’ll be flushing a huge chunk of your SEO campaign money down the toilet because the content is not good enough to convert readers to loyal clients or customers.
For additional resources, check out this article on 10 easy SEO copywriting techniques to use for link building on Moz.com.
Advantages of SEO Copywriting
Copywriting for SEO will bring more traffic to your website. It is also a one-time expense in search engine optimization unlike Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns.
Copywriting for search engine optimization involves creating content that will not only inform visitors, but will also do a great job of converting them to loyal subscribers, customers or clients. A website that can keep visitors well informed is good, but, a website that informs and converts readers to loyal customers or clients? Well, that’s just gravy.
Content that has targeted keywords or key phrases can be embedded in a webpage in order to help Internet surfers find the content that they are looking for. Think about it, what exactly is the point of having a website that no one ever visits?
If you own a small or medium sized business and have a matching domain for it, then it is time for you to take a few steps back and take a long hard look at the big changes copywriting can contribute to the growth of your business. You read it right; SEO copywriting can affect the way your online business grows. There is even an article about scientifically backed copywriting techniques on Copyblogger.com.
Five Good Reasons Why You Need Quality SEO Copywriting
- It Makes Your Website Look Professional. There is a really good reason why some people make a living off writing quality content. The first good reason for choosing excellent SEO copywriting rather than some silly excuse for web content is that it will make your website look much more professional. Think about it, if you visit a company’s website and the only polite word you can use for the content on the site is abysmal, will you seriously consider doing business with that company?
- Google Reads It – Seriously! Gone are the days when all you have to do is stuff a webpage with lots of keywords and Bam! You get to see the page rank high on Google. News flash, Google now takes its sweet time to search for top quality content and choose to rank it high instead of choosing websites with unoriginal content stuffed with keywords.
- Make A Great First Impression. If you are a native English speaker, then you know just how hard it is to read horribly written content. Some website content is so badly written that it is painful to read. Your mind will immediately associate that website with horrible written copy—yikes! If you choose to make a great first impression the very first time with well written copy, you will not have to worry about taking back a really bad first impression which often-times is impossible.
- Have Correctly Written Content. The last thing you ever want to worry about is having false claims on your site. Throwing up any content from a writer whose English is a little off (or way off) could actually translate into bad copy and false claims; two words: Not Good. A reputable professional SEO copywriter will provide you with content that you can post on your site worry-free. You will not have to worry about doing damage control caused by false claims, and the best part is that the content will be a hundred percent original and not plagiarized.
- Impress and Retain Customers or Clients. Your site may not be worth a million dollars (yet), but when you clothe it with top quality copy that beautifully describes your products or services and also fascinates your readers, when you have taken your website to a whole new level. Add the advantages of SEO copywriting, and you have thrust your site into a whole new realm. Believe it or not, quality content makes a big difference in the World Wide Web. If people find the content on your site to be very enlightening, funny or impressive, they will stay longer on your website. Even better, they may share it with others.
With these good reasons in mind, investing your time in order to create quality content or hiring the services of a professional SEO copywriter is cheaper and a lot easier in the long run than allowing your site to get dragged through the mud by badly written copy.