With blogging as a source of 97% more inbound website backlinks, 126% more business lead growth, and much more (stats below), it’s a major, major foundation of content marketing you don’t want to miss out on in 2017.
To start January off with a bang, we decided to help share some inspiration for our fellow content marketers and create a list of 10 top resolutions to help you blog this year (better than you’ve ever blogged before)!
Print the following infographic below out, and hang it up to inspire your blogging and content progress all year. 😉 Here’s the PDF version, resolutions only, to download. Enjoy – written and designed by our team at Express Writers!
Why Make Blogging Resolutions for 2017?
Here’s some (serious) inspiration.
- More than 200 million people (and a whopping 16% of the U.S. population) use ad blockers – so organic content (blogging is best!) is the only way to reach them.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links.
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog.
- Companies that published 16+ blog posts per month got almost 5X more traffic than companies that published 0-4 monthly posts.
- Long-form blog posts earn 9x more leads than short-form posts.
- 70% of B2B marketers plan to create more content in 2017 than they did in 2016.
- The average length of top-ranking blogs is increasing – sitting at roughly 1,050 words in 2017.
- 49% of marketers are focusing on aligning their content with the buyer’s journey.
- Nearly 30% of the most successful marketers routinely repurpose their content. To join the club, though, you must have content to repurpose – and blogs are perfect for that!
- 45% of all marketers report that writing blogs is the single most important piece of their content strategy.
- 80% of decision makers would rather get information about a company through an article than they would through an advertisement.
10 Top Blogging Resolutions for the Content Marketer
To outperform last year’s results and make 2017 one to remember, stick to these ten resolutions:
1. I will get backup in my content creation this year
No more stressing out about deadlines, topics, and writing it all. (Express Writers can help!)
2. I will be authoritative in every content piece I put out this year
If it’s less than authority expert level in my niche, it might not be worth my time.
3. I will never put quantity over quality
I should publish more blogs this year to increase my inbound leads, but if I’m rushing and the content is low quality, I shouldn’t publish. Quantity comes second to quality.
4. I will give my audience what they want
I will be relevant, use tools like BuzzSumo to research and find out what my audience wants in topics. This will help me gain more loyal customers.
5. I will increase my rankings by finding and writing around long-tail keywords
This is one of the top ways to gain blog spots in Google’s rankings.
6. I will promote and create
Creating isn’t enough: I also need a promotion plan. I will have social media management and an active social account connected to my blog.
7. I will be creative with topics and approaches
Content burn-out will only hurt me and my readers. This year, I’ll dig deeper to come up with more creative topics and new ways to approach topics and news.
8. I will take notes from my competitors
I will monitor my competitors to learn things like which keywords they’re targeting, which social platforms they’re using (and how), and what I can do to enhance my content efforts accordingly.
9. I will try new content forms
Interactive content, newsletters, infographics, and live-streaming can all boost my content strategy in 2017. I will expand into these new content forms to grow my business and expand my audience.
10. I will repurpose my content to get more traction
Repurposed content can help my content strategy stretch further. I will find creative ways to repurpose and re-use content of all types.
Ten 2017 Blogging Resolutions for the Content Marketer (Infographic) Sources:
- Content Marketing Institute: http://bit.ly/2dzquFa
- Orbit Media: http://bit.ly/2fhUWU4
- PageFair: http://bit.ly/2iFYDrq
- Contently: http://bit.ly/2dohe5X
- Curata: http://bit.ly/2hVKOG3
- Social Media Examiner: http://bit.ly/1eTVIyt
- SnapApp: http://bit.ly/2iMMBg8
- HubSpot: http://bit.ly/2gkWhwG
- Think Creative: http://bit.ly/2iIUfFQ