This February, we’ve added some seriously powerful content services to our Content Shop repertoire.
All of our continual changes and updates are based on specific needs from our clients, and a strict adherence we personally have to always maintain the edge of the curve in our industry.
Here’s a shortlist / TL;DR of February’s new updates (scroll down to read about each):
- Storytelling Images & Custom Blog Headers. Our design team has been creating these for our own brand with great results in more brand awareness and content traction, so we decided it was time to launch custom image solutions, including beautiful storytelling variations and custom blog images, for our clients!
- Social Media Plans Update: Revamped social media plans to new standards, including content curation using BuzzSumo.
- Editing (Copy and Developmental). At both copy editing levels.
- Professional Interviewing. In this service, based on one simple interview fee, we now have staff Project Managers who are experts at interviewing subjects and obtaining key information that leads to a wonderful interview.
- Project Management. This new service takes care of a lot of “monkey work” that goes into organizing and maintaining content marketing.
- Client 101s. These are completely free for our clients, and are being written and designed as we speak! The first one, a Process/Content Order Lifecycle 101, is live! We’re working on a Meet the Team 101 next, where we explain how everyone’s staff role fits into an order and how clients can contact each of us, a Writing Levels 101, and several others.
What’s New at Express Writers for February: Everything You Needed to Know on 5 New/Revamped Products & a New, Free Client Resource
1. New Custom Images: Storytelling Imagery, Blog Header Sets, & More
Ever thought to yourself…
- “I wish I had a REALLY cool branded header for my blog and a variation to share on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook…”
- “I wish I could visualize a step in my customer journey/buying process with a cool, engaging illustration…”
- “It would be awesome to boost engagement with a cartoon strip for this industry controversial blog…”
We’ve got you covered on all of those visual needs in our re-launched Custom Imagery service, live in the Content Shop.
Clients can choose from a custom, beautiful, blog image set put together by our design team in Adobe InDesign, complete with a full-sized header and an inset to share on social media, or a storytelling graphic that would fit nicely in a process for your customers to visualize their journey/how it works page (example: our process).
Want to see how cool these get (read: how amazing our design team is)?
Here are a few:
We’ve literally designed thousands of these images for our own brand by now – the samples above are a brief preview of what we can do – and we thought it was high time to allow clients to buy it as a product.
With custom imagery, we’ve seen massive results…
- We a huge CTR boost with a cartoon strip on our SEO post – a 25% boost in actual reads.
- Influencers picked up our content and shared it on Twitter WITH the image attached, boosting views to our content by another 25%.
Never leave your images last on your to-do list again.
Let us help you create better-than-average custom imagery to accompany your content!
2. Social Media Plans
During this month, we also did some heavy updates and restructuring, much-needed, to our social media plans.
I sat down and created new guidelines for our Social Media Experts, which condenses down to these three key, important changes:
- We now create and post 3/images per week at the minimum level (3 IG posts) instead of 1. Images, and Instagram, are hot! You can’t miss out on either, so we’ve increasing the volume at all levels on all plans.
- Our SMEs are now trained on how to use BuzzSumo to curate industry influencer content, and position your brand as an authority by sharing content that your fans will love and identify with.
- Choose whichever social media platform you’d like us to manage, now straight from the product itself!
Our Social Media Plans have also been renamed to Level 1, 2, and 3 instead of Basic/Guru/Enterprise.
3. Copy Editing
Our revamped Copy Editing service in the Content Shop now includes two levels to cover every need, developmental and copy editing services, starting at one hour (up to 3,000 words). We have senior, expert editors at both levels ready to take orders!
See a guide to knowing the two differences of copy vs. developmental editing from our Content Development Specialist, Tara, on the Write Blog.
4. Professional Interviewing
For one simple interview fee you can now have an incredible interview organized and done (check that off your list!) by our professional interviewing team. We now have staff Project Managers who have background expertise in interviewing and journalism, and have seen amazing results from the interviews done so far.
See a post co-created by our Project Manager Hannah and Content Development Specialist, Hannah, on why interviews matter to content marketing.
5. Project Management
Just launched last week, our new project management service offers a wonderful solution for a lot of our marketer clients who are continually overwhelmed, swamped, and lost beneath the work they have to do on their content marketing get-done list.
Did you know that only 30% of marketers say their organizations are effective at content marketing? An actual decrease of 8% from the previous year.(source: Content Marketing Institute’s 2016 Benchmarks) Even less have a strong, documented content marketing strategy.
Yet budgets, goals, and creation itself in content marketing actually increased by a large percentage during the same year.
Our solution in offering project management is to help a real need we see that our clients have. Project management is a serious drain on them, yet a vastly crucial part of content marketing not to be overlooked.
Scenarios Where Project Management Fits In
Just a few of the problems our clients have given us that we can now solve with our project management service include:
- “We’re thinking about hiring a part-time staff member to handle all of these content needs and work with you, but it may not be in the budget, or we don’t know if we have enough to give that person X hours per week.”
- “I wear a lot of hats. I just don’t have time to manage all of the content, but if I had time, we’d hire you to produce a lot of things.”
- “I’m completely disorganized and I really need help getting my ideas onto paper, and picking the right product.”
- “I have people I want to have interviewed on our blog. Employees, industry names, that kind of thing. I just don’t have time to do it myself and it’s a long list.”
- “I have lots of different personal and professional projects going on. I wish I could stay on task.”
- “I have no idea about what I need but I do have an established business. I just want to pay a deposit/retainer and have you figure this out for me.”
- “I need you to be in touch with my entire team on this project. Maybe you should even function as part of the team – as the managing editor.”
- “I’m an agency and we want to basically up-sell your product to our clients. Each of our clients has a different need.”
What Project Management Includes
Our project management is designed into several categories:
- A la carte hourly
- Blocks where we manage 50 – 500 monthly projects in a spreadsheet every month.
Project management includes having us manage and create a spreadsheet, and maintain or organize a vast amount of ongoing content projects, starting at 50 and going to 500+ per month. We can enable a simple file uploader on your account, and will include weekly organization and phone support for you and your team by a dedicated project manager. You can also have a dedicated project editor in our new PM service.
6. New Resource (FREE): Client 101s
Last but not least, we’re writing and designing in-house several client 101s that will channel some of the biggest questions our clients have!
We’ll be doing more of these! Email our team: julia (a) expresswriters.com if you have any 101s you’d like to see.
At Express Writers, we strive hard to be at the forefront of trends, content marketing, and the best writing team out there.
(Just see our Values page if you aren’t sure about that promise.)
Hence comes this lineup of new products and resources at Express Writers, all in one month.
You can trust our commitment to stay ahead of the game when it comes to great content creation. It’s our passion!