Taylor Manning is ONLY 21.
She went from watching a video on “making money online” as a college student in debt looking for a way out, to making $80,000/month just a couple of years later.
One of her main routes to success is through the amazing content she creates, targeted to her community of millennials – and putting herself in “their” shoes, which was really where she herself was a few years ago.
For young people and the young-at-heart alike, this 26th episode of the Write Podcast is a don’t-miss!
The Write Podcast, E26: Creating Content for the Millennial Entrepreneur With Coach & Marketing Strategist, 21-Year-Old Taylor Manning
- 2:35 – 5:00: Taylor’s Story. Age has always played a big role in Taylor’s life. “Am I too young to do this?” is a question she often asked herself. She received her A.A. in high school, then her B.A. at 19. In college, she watched a video about how to make money online. That pushed her to create a profile on Upwork, the freelance platform. She created momentum and ran with it – all in her late teens and early 20s.
- 5:15 – 7:30: Growth Tactics. Taylor managed to boost her earnings on Upwork, but she was stagnating. She hired a coach, but quickly realized she was providing the same service to her clients for free. She tapped into this potential and ramped up her efforts. She decided to go big or go home.
- 7:45 – 12:44: Ambitious Millennial Entrepreneurs – How Taylor Found Her Niche. In the beginning, Taylor was targeting moms, because those were the demographics of a lot of her clients. What she didn’t realize: Her ideal target audience was right under her nose, and her relatively young age, something that gave her anxiety, was actually a huge selling point. Taylor explains how she used authenticity about both to gain more customers.
- 13:12 – 14:33: Majorly Boosted Business. After Taylor’s age-related epiphany, business soared. She added group coaching, training products, and courses to her roster. Her income leaped from 2K/month to 10K/month, to nearly 80K/month.
- 14:45 – 17:33: How to Speak to Your Audience. Taylor’s main point: It’s the hardest thing to do, but you have to put yourself in your audience’s shoes. Don’t fool yourself if you’re posting content you think is for an ideal client, but is really for you. You also need to commit to posting a lot of content.
Favorite Quotes to Tweet'My fear: if clients find out my age. What if they feel like I scammed them?' @taylormcreative Click To Tweet 'All of a sudden, this big fear I had became a selling point.' @taylormcreative Click To Tweet 'My content strategy is, really, show up every day.' @taylormcreative Click To Tweet 'To speak to your ideal client, whether they’re a millennial or not, put yourself in their shoes.' @taylormcreative Click To Tweet 'Create content that holds value and story and tips, that’s relevant to that ideal client of yours.' @taylormcreative Click To Tweet
- Check out Taylor’s Facebook group, Ambitious Millennial Entrepreneurs
- Follow Taylor on Twitter @taylormcreative
- Check her out on Facebook, too
- See my all-new Practical Content Strategy Certification Course at www.contentstrategycourse.com – code WRITEPODCAST5 gets you 5% off all enrollment costs