I had so much fun connecting with Holly Diederich, a business coach I connected with a while back, in a podcast today! We met in mutual Facebook groups, and she quickly became a business friend who was there for me early on with solid advice on my big-ticket questions about publicizing the crazy embezzlement story.
We’d been trying to schedule this episode for weeks–well, it finally happened! In today’s episode, we talk about a lot of real-life stuff: the fun and busy world of parenthood while balancing being an entrepreneur, and Holly’s entire story, from leaving a comfortable corporate job to follow her dreams and how she made five figures fast (without a website)!
Before she started her current business, Holly was enjoying a managerial role at a publicly-traded Fortune 1000 company. She thought she was on top of the world, fulfilling her goals for herself, traveling and making big decisions.
Then she had her first child, and she, like so many moms, realized that her priorities had shifted.
In this episode, we dig into how Holly made the leap from what she thought she should be doing, to what she wanted to do, and how she made a great life in the process. Listen on Spreaker or in iTunes.
The Write Podcast Episode 15 with Holly Diederich, Talking Life, Entrepreneurship, Parenthood, and Staying Productive: Highlights
Ideal for anyone who struggles to juggle family life with entrepreneurship, this episode offers a wide selection of great tips on productivity, efficiency, and caring for yourself, first. Here are a few highlights:
- How Holly left the corporate world to start a coaching business, and what influenced her decision.
- How she started her first company (an online boutique) and grew it from an idea to $4,000 of revenue in just 3 months
- When she realized that she could allocate her time and energy more effectively by outsourcing key responsibilities, and how you can, too
- How her coaching business grew up out of her own entrepreneurial pursuit
- How her coaching business reached $10,000 in revenue in five weeks, without a website, and how she used LeadPages to do it
- What types of content she publishes to attract leads in her wildly successful Facebook group (more than 1,400 members!)
- Which tricks Holly has learned to care for herself and avoid burnout
- Why all entrepreneurs can benefit from putting themselves first
- How she finds the best courses to continue her learning and growth
- How the biggest gains come from intentionally relinquishing responsibility (and outsourcing!)
- Holly’s free gift for the Write Podcast listeners: a guide to how she made 5 figures in her first 5 weeks of biz without a website!
- Check out Holly’s Profitable Launch Junkies program here to learn how to sell online and make money if you’re a service-based business.
- Check out Sparklepreneur Tribe, Holly’s uber-cool Facebook group for woman entrepreneurs and mompreneurs!
And don’t forget…
- Check out our back-to-back Write Podcast episodes here
- Don’t forget to grab a copy of my book, staying strong at #5 bestseller on Amazon charts! So You Think You Can Write? The Definitive Guide to Successful Online Writing
- Like my podcast? I would greatly appreciate your time to leave me a rating & review in iTunes! Click here to see the show in iTunes.
For great content creation, from ebook writing & design to original blogs and more, visit our Content Shop!