Today’s episode was a blast! I thoroughly enjoyed connecting with Madalyn Sklar, a huge Twitter influencer who I’ve respected for a long time.
Known around the web as a “social media power influencer,” Madalyn Sklar has made a name for herself for being one of the best Twitter marketers around with a solid knowledge of Twitter strategy and practices. With over twenty years of experience in social media (her roots were in starting GoGirlsMusic in 1996), she’s currently ranked the #1 Social Media Power Influencer in all of Houston. Madalyn keeps busy blogging, chatting and podcasting about all things technology and social media.
Over the years, she’s built a massively successful online business focused on helping her clients build buzz (and maintain it) on social media. She’s got the resume to back it up, too: the founder of GoGirlsMusic (the largest community of female musicians online), Madalyn has a long history of dominating Twitter strategy and social media and learning what it takes to be successful online.
The Brilliant Twitter Strategy of Madalyn Sklar: #TwitterSmarter
As if running a massive online business weren’t enough, Madalyn also runs the #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat and podcast – what a brilliant way to brand two different content styles and platforms under one umbrella! Her Twitter chat, #TwitterSmarter, happens on Thursdays at 1 PM CST on @MadalynSklar, and her podcast in iTunes, Twitter Smarter, specializes in offering Twitter tips and tricks to interested marketers.
Launched in June of 2015, the podcast has since featured some of the biggest names in online marketing, including Mari Smith and Tim Fargo. I’m also honored to announce that Madalyn will be scheduling me in soon for her podcast, so head to her website and subscribe!
The Write Podcast Episode 14 with Guest Madalyn Sklar, Talking Twitter Strategy: Highlights
- Taking action is critical. When we join live Twitter chats, (and I’d even apply this to reading a blog or content piece online), we often enjoy learning new things. But Madalyn believes in taking action: this is “where the rubber meets the road” and is one of the most essential things a marketer can do. Don’t just talk about it – be about it!
- You have to be on social media. Today’s marketers must have an online presence. It’s critical to getting found and building a following.
- How Madalyn developed #TwitterSmarter as an online course in 2013, and what she did to grow it into the powerhouse it is today.
- Why she loves short-form Twitter chats, and how she’s made short-form content work for her over the years.
- Check out Madalyn’s website here
- Visit her in her element, by viewing her Twitter here
- Check out the recap of my guest session on Madalyn’s #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat August 25, 2016!
- Check out our back-to-back Write Podcast episodes here
- Don’t forget to check out my book So You Think You Can Write? The Definitive Guide to Successful Online Writing
Like my podcast? I would greatly appreciate your time to leave me a rating & review in iTunes! Click here to see the show in iTunes.
Favorite Quotes to Tweet
[clickToTweet tweet=”“I like short, to-the-point, and I found my home in 140 characters on Twitter.’ – @madalynsklar” quote=”“I like short, concise, to-the-point, and I really found my home with that on Twitter in 140-characters.” – Madalyn”]
[clickToTweet tweet=”“From day 1, I saw the power of Twitter to connect with people who were like-minded.” –@madalynsklar” quote=”“From day 1, I saw the power of Twitter. I saw that I could use it to connect with people who were like-minded.” –Madalyn”]
[clickToTweet tweet=”“We’ve got to go take action. That’s where the rubber meets the road.” – @madalynsklar” quote=”“My big thing is taking action…I tell people we’ve got to go take action. That’s where the rubber meets the road.” – Madalyn”]
[clickToTweet tweet=”“Doing video on Twitter is a great way to stand out: so few people are doing it.” -@madalynsklar” quote=”“People are always saying, ‘what can I do to stand out?’ Doing video on Twitter is a great way to stand out because so few people are doing it.”-Madalyn”]
[clickToTweet tweet=”“Go back to the basics…you’ve got to have an amazing Twitter profile.” – @madalynsklar” quote=”“Go back to the basics…you’ve got to have an amazing Twitter profile.” -Madalyn”]
For great content creation, from ebook writing & design to original blogs and more, visit our Content Shop and order today!