Welcome to Episode 24 of the Write Podcast!
Today I’m chatting with Danielle Tate, the tenacious founder of MissNowMrs, a business that eliminates the hassle involved with getting your name changed as a newlywed. She’s also a best-selling author and spokeswoman on all things entrepreneurial.
Danielle’s story is amazing. Her tenacity as an entrepreneur, and the success she achieved from that tenacity, is unbelievable! She has lots of wisdom to share about starting your own business with a unique point of view and zero business background.
Listen in for some fantastic tips and advice – including how to get publications like Forbes to notice you, and inspiration to commit to the long haul for amazing results in your marketing efforts.
The Write Podcast, E24: On Becoming a Woman Entrepreneur & How to Win The Attention of Guest Blogs Like Forbes, with Author Danielle Tate
- 1:29 – 3:04: Danielle’s Story: How She Became an “Accidental Entrepreneur.” Danielle started out with no business background, no MBA, and, of all things, a Bachelor’s degree in biology. How did she flip from wanting to be a cardiologist to becoming a successful entrepreneur? It all started with a personal problem she had — she wanted to change her name after she got married. The hassle of simply getting her driver’s license updated was enough to make her wonder: Why wasn’t the process easier?
- 3:36 – 4:15: Looking Before You Leap. Danielle discusses how important the planning and research steps are when setting out on the road to startup
- 4:17 – 5:25: Putting in the Legwork. Danielle describes how she made the transition from sprouting the seed of an idea to research and planning, to getting her business off the ground.
- 6:38 – 8:29: How to Stay Inspired. To avoid getting worn down by the grind of a start-up, you have to know what you want out of it. Plus, don’t forget to cultivate relationships with people in a similar headspace.
- 8:30 – 11:42: Be a Content Generating Machine. SEO is effective to expand your business, but you have to be in it for the long haul. Be a “content generating machine,” but also work on building strategic partnerships. LinkedIn is a great place to find people to collaborate with.
- 11:47 – 13:45: How to Get Accepted at Major Blogs Like Forbes. There are some tricks to getting major blogs, like Forbes and Fast Company, to notice you. Danielle recommends focusing on writing a great blog in your unique voice, first and foremost, and then promoting it.
- 13:47 – 15:00: Content Strategies to Gain Traction Early On. Early in the game, write about topics you’re passionate about, know what your audience wants to read, and use your expert knowledge to give it to them.
- 16:15 – 17:54: Danielle’s Book, Elegant Entrepreneur. Danielle describes her best-selling book. She says, most of all, it’s for smart women with a business idea, but no business background. This is the book she needed when she was just starting out.
Favorite Quotes to Tweet'People assume, when they see someone successful, that that's what you planned on doing. When you dig a bit deeper, there are always a few switchbacks in that journey.' @elegant_EntreClick To Tweet 'I didn't immediately quit my job and launch a start-up. I did a lot of research to find a viable market.' @elegant_EntreClick To Tweet 'I always advise new entrepreneurs, and even old entrepreneurs, to begin with the end in mind.' @elegant_Entre via @writepodcastClick To Tweet 'If you have a strategy and you know what you're writing about, and it's helpful, it will eventually get to the right people and will eventually rank and get to be worthwhile.' @elegant_EntreClick To Tweet 'The time's gonna pass anyway – write it, and build that blog out.' - @elegant_Entre on @writepodcastClick To Tweet
- Follow Danielle on Twitter: @Elegant_Entre
- Check out her website, MissNowMrs.com
- Danielle’s book, Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founder’s Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company is on Amazon and Audible
- See Julia’s all-new Practical Content Strategy Certification Course at www.contentstrategycourse.com