This week, I sit down with Tor Refsland, an award-winning entrepreneur and blogger, and the creator of TimeManagementChef.com. Tor has caught my eye for a long time, and our episode was dynamic (as I knew it would be)!
This is an episode you won’t want to miss – it’s jam-packed with amazing, inspiring and fun lessons for every content marketer.
In the last year, Tor has won awards for his blogs and continues to stand out as a top performer in the world of blogging and entrepreneurship. In just eighteen months, he’s a shining star in the blogging world (an amazing feat to do nowadays, with the rise of bloggers everywhere)! Jon Morrow even awarded this guy “Most Epic Blog Post.” That’s a big deal: Jon Morrow is one of the top bloggers in the world. He’s a self-taught guru. One time, he learned how to be a SAP Consultant, then was immediately head-hunted to be a SAP Consultant for one of the largest companies in the country! Tor is even a public speaker, garnering an audience of 3,000 for one of his public sessions in Nice. (For more amazing feats by Tor, read here.)
How did Tor climb to such fame in less than two years? How did he build thousands of followers, organically? Listen in to find out! Today’s episode is inspiring – and it’s perfect for any entrepreneur or content marketer who wants to learn to increase productivity and get the biggest possible ROI from all of your marketing efforts!
The Write Podcast, Episode 16: How to Not Be an Annoying Content Marketer, Win the Notice of Influencers, & More with Tor Refsland Highlights
- What is content marketing? In the words of Tor, Content Marketing is the desire to “provide awesome value.” Learn how he does it every single time.
- How Tor left a six-figure company to find his purpose and get started in content marketing. After two decades of helping founders and CEOs build their dreams, he decided to jump in and start doing it for himself.
- How he quadrupled his productivity at one of the largest companies in Norway. And how he applied what he learned to his first business, TimeManagementChef.com.
- How he built 3,000 followers organically at his first company. And what steps he took to reposition himself and his brand for better results in just three days.
- Tor’s “pre-free technique.” How to create an opt-in form and landing page to test your product, and how he used this tactic to drive over $6,000 in sales for his course.
- How Tor won the respect and trust of his audience by being transparent about the content and offerings of his free and paid courses. And how you can apply this approach to your online marketing, as well.
- How he created an MVP (minimum viable product). One of the most important things Tor learned is to survey his audience and deliver the content type based on what they wanted.
- How audience differs. To be a good content marketer, Tor believes people must learn that it’s not about what you Tune in to learn about how audiences differ and how you can find out what format your audience wants!
Favorite Quotes to Tweet
[clickToTweet tweet=”“The secret to growing your tribe fast is removing your ego ENTIRELY from the equation.” @TorRefsland” quote=”“The secret to growing your tribe fast is removing your ego ENTIRELY from the equation.” @TorRefsland”]
[clickToTweet tweet=”“Over-deliver like CRAZY!” -@TorRefsland” quote=”“Over-deliver like CRAZY!” -@TorRefsland”]
[clickToTweet tweet=”“It’s not about what you want to do for your audience, it’s about what they want from you.”” quote=”“It’s not about what you want to do for your audience, it’s about what they want from you.” -@TorRefsland”]
[clickToTweet tweet=”‘You’re just a caretaker for the blog. You’re there to serve THEM = your audience.’ – @TorRefsland” quote=”‘You’re just a caretaker for the blog. You’re there to serve THEM = your audience.’ – @TorRefsland”]
[clickToTweet tweet=”“Provide value again and again without expecting or asking for anything in return.” -@TorRefsland” quote=”“Provide value again and again without expecting or asking for anything in return.” -@TorRefsland”]
This Episode Is Sponsored By Search Engine Journal!
Get 15% off the November 2 SEJ Summit with coupon code EXWSEJ, at bit.ly/sejsavings!
Today’s episode is sponsored by Search Engine Journal! Meet me and five of my staff members from Express Writers this November 2, at the SEJ Summit in NYC! This is a one-day conference tailored for search marketers, featuring several experts from Google and other industry experts in a full day of 11 sessions and 6 Q&As. I’ll be there giving away 25 free copies of my bestseller So You Think You Can Write? Get your free copy, find me there, and I’ll sign it! Grab 15% your tickets now using exclusive Write Podcast coupon code EXWSEJ at bit.ly/sejsavings.
For great content services, visit our Content Shop.